In order to try out the Apiture Open Banking APIs from the developer portal, you will need to register a user in each target environment, such as the DevBank environment or dedicated partner development or test environments. Registering a user allows you to authenticate on that environment when you select a target environment in the developer portal, and the portal saves your access token to use for secure API calls using your identity.
Visit that environment’s web portal client application (such as devbank.apiture.com) to register a new user. We recommend you register on the environment with the same email address that you used when registering on the Dev Portal (developer.apiture.com). While this is not necessary, it will be easier for you to keep track of credentials for different environments. Alternatively, some organizations may choose to create one or more shared test users and share those credentials internally. Registration also requires a valid mobile phone number and valid email address for multi-factor authentication.
The examples below show the Apiture web application registration experience
for a sample developer portal user with the email address
Start at devbank.apiture.com’s Welcome page.
Since you do not yet have a login account, click the Open An Account link to visit the Open an account with Canapi page.
Fill in the following data on the registration page. This sample data will facilitate opening a new account using test data that does not trigger additional identity validation. Warning: Do not enter your own or anyone else’s social security number.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Tax Identification Number:
- Mobile Number: Your personal mobile number instead of (999) 999-9999. The environment may use the phone number for multi-factor authentication on subsequent login actions. (On the next login, you can request the environment remember the device so you do not have to complete the mobile multi-factor authentication each time you log in.)
- Email Address: Your personal email address instead of
email@example.com. The target environment sends you a confirmation code at this email address to verify that the email address is valid. Tip: Use the same email address you used when registering on the developer portal.
- Password: Enter a unique password that adheres to the password policies listed on the form.
When the form is complete, click the CONTINUE button. Check your email account for a confirmation email.
Enter the code in the next page and click SUBMIT:
Upon registering and logging in for the first time, the environment’s web application starts a digital account opening (DAO) process to open a new banking account for the user.
The first step in DAO is selecting a banking product. For this example,
select a personal savings account. First, select Personal and click NEXT.
(Personal is the
target product type in the Products API.)
Next, select the Savings product subcategory and click NEXT.
Next, select the Premier Savings product, enter a nickname (such as “My Premier Savings”) for the new account, and click NEXT.
Continue to use the sample data for the “John Smith” user to avoid triggering additional identity validation. Warning: Except for your own phone number, do not enter an actual person’s personal information.
Use the following test data for the John Smith identity. This and other test data used below does not trigger additional identity verification steps such as uploading an image of a driver’s license or other documents.
(First Name and Last Name and Phone Number are already filled out based on the first registration page.)
- Date of Birth:
- Are your a US Citizen: Select
- Check the box labeled I hereby certify, to the best of my knowledge, that the information provided above is complete and correct.
Click the NEXT button.
Enter the contact address for the John Smith identity:
- Address 1:
222333 Peachtree Place
- Address 2: (Leave blank)
- Zip Code:
- Years at address:
- Different Mailing Address:
Enter the Additional Personal Information.
- Select No for the question about backup W-9 Tax Withholdings
- Select Full Time for employment status
- Select any job category from the occupation selector
- Select No for the remaining two fields about Foreign Senior Political Figure
On the Terms and Conditions page, check I Agree on the Electronic Consent Agreement document and the Terms & Conditions document and click NEXT.
The Premier Savings account requires an initial deposit to open the account. Use the next pages to select a test account. Warning: Do not search for a real financial institution or enter actual account routing numbers and account numbers on DevBank.
On the Select Your Bank page, enter the name
DAG #1. This is the name
of a test financial institution. The external service resolves this to a fictional “Londi Bank”.
Click on Londi Bank to select it:
Enter the following data for a fictional external account on the Verify Your Account page.
Warning: Do not enter actual account routing numbers and account numbers on DevBank.
On the Select an Account, select the Platinum Checking Account-5666. (Do not use the _Gold Savings Account-4466); doing so will require entering a valid routing number.)
You see an Account Verified page with the message Success! Your account has been linked. Click NEXT to enter a funding amount to transfer from the fictional Londi Bank checking account.
Enter an amount between $1,800 and $3,500. Click NEXT.
You receive a Congratulations message.
At this point, you have completed the Digital Account Opening (DAO) process. This creates some resources in the selected target environment that you selected. You can explore those resources in the Apiture Open Banking APIs reference. Examples of the APIs and resources containing data are:
- Accounts API lists the accounts you created and their state, API product, and other account details. This also lists any external accounts you register during DAO.
- Products API contains the sample banking products, which the DAO process uses to choose a product for a new account.
- Transfers API contains the scheduled transfer(s) to fund your accounts. (Note that DevBank is not attached to a working core, so actual transfers are not processed)
- Transactions API contains your account transactions.(Note that DevBank is not attached to a working core, so actual transfers are not processed)
- Applications API contains your account application(s)
- Consents API contains an audit trail of the documents you consented to.
- Users API contains your user object
- Workflow API contains your the workflow used to manage the DAO process